US based former Zambia Under-17 captain Yoram Mwila junior is dead.
Yoram son of Zambia’s Former defence Minister, Benjamin died early this morning in a fatal road accident near Lusaka’s Manda Hill shopping Mall.
The Virginia Commonwealth University left attacking midfielder cum striker only returned to Zambia, yesterday, Friday, 8th June.
Mwila is one of Chiparamba’s success stories since its establishment 1999.
Academy Chairman, Rupiah Banda visited the funeral house to console the Mwila family early this morning.
WHILE WITH THE RAMS:
• Played and started in all 20 games in 2011
• Recorded six goals and handed out two assists for 14 points
• Scored two goals in the team’s 4-1 victory over Navy (8/26/11)
• Tallied four goals, which tied for second on the team in 2010
• Saw action in 19 matches with 17 starts during the 2010 season
• Scored twice, including the game-winner, versus Howard University (9/12/10)
• Knotched the go-ahead goal in VCU’s win at James Madison (11/3/2010), which clinched a spot in the CAA Tournament.
PRIOR TO VCU:
• Joined VCU after spending his freshman campaign with 2009 NCAA Runner-up University of Akron
• Saw action in 20 matches in 2009 and recorded three goals and two assists for the Zips
• Missed four games during a five-match stretch in the middle of his rookie season
PRIOR TO AKRON:
• Captain of the U-17 Zambian National team and is a current member of the U-20 squad
GETTING TO KNOW YORAM:
• Born in Kitwe, Zambia but hails from Lusaka, Zambia
• Son of Benjamin Mwila and Cordelia Nkonde
• Has three siblings: Abraham (28), Lilly (24), and Ibrahim (21)